52english.com - 我爱英语网

我爱英语网 | 52english.com

当前位置: 首页 > 双语新闻 >

相信自己的三步指南

时间:2023-08-14 10:21来源:我爱英语网 作者:52english.com 点击:




Now I know, you see me on TV, in magazines, on movie screens, and you might be thinking to yourself,


我知道了,你们在电视上,在杂志上,在电影屏幕上看到我,你可能在想,


"What does she know about struggling to believe in herself?"


“她怎么会知道相信自己有什么难的?”


Well, let me tell you something.


我想告诉你。


I do not look like my journey.


我走的路可不止这些。


Oh, I've been through a few things.


我经历过很多事。


And the struggle is real.


我确确实实挣扎过。


But I have learned something in my life.


但我在我的人生中学到了一些东西。


That there are three things that we all must do in order to believe in ourselves.


我们都得做这么三件事,才能相信自己。


Number one.


第一。


First, we need to see ourselves.


首先,我们得看清自己。


I mean, really, truly, deeply see ourselves for who and what we are in order to believe in ourselves.


确确实实地看清自己,深刻地认识我们是谁,是什么,才能相信自己。


I'm a child of the '60s, and that was hard.


我生于60年代,那个时代(对我们这样的孩子来说)很难。


Oh.


唔。


In the third grade,


在三年级时,


I tested out of public school into a fancy private school where the only Black person I saw every day was the one who looked back at me in the mirror.


我从公立学校转入了一所高级的私立学校,我每天见到的唯一一个黑人就是镜子里看着我的那一位。


I was by myself, and I was all alone.


我只有我自己,孤身一人。


And the things that were said to me, and I'm not talking about just the kids, but the adults, too.


还有那些别人和我说的话,不仅是孩子,还有大人说的话。


And when I would come home from school crying the ugly cry, my immigrant Jamaican mother would sit me down in front of the mirror and ask me,


当我放学了回家,哭得梨花带雨时,我那来自牙买加的移民母亲让我坐在镜子前,问我:


"Do you see an N-word?


““你看到那个N开头的词(黑人的蔑称)了吗”


Do you see a liar?


你看到了一个骗子吗?


Do you see a big-lip monkey?


你看到一只大嘴猴了吗?


No!


没有!


So dry your eyes.


所以擦干眼泪。


And when you go back to school, remember, you are rubber, they are glue.


等你回学校的时候,记住,你是块橡皮,他们是胶水。


And every ignorant thing they say about you bounces off of you and sticks to them."


他们对你说的无知之词,都会反弹,贴在他们身上。”


And I believed her.


我相信了她。


And it didn't hurt.


我就不会因此伤心了。


So much.


好太多了。


Because I believed.


因为我相信。


Number two.


第二。


We've got to think.


我们得思考。


Think about ourselves in order to believe in ourselves.


多思考自己才能相信自己。


Growing up, my dad had a sign on his desk.


从小到大,我父亲的办公桌上都有一块牌子。


And it said, "Think."


写着:“思考。”


"Think."


“思考。”


Oh, I did not know how valuable and powerful the simple act of thinking was until I came back to Hollywood from my triumphant run on Broadway,


我都没想到仅仅思考一下是多么有价值、有力量,直到我结束了百老汇的叫座演出重返好莱坞,


and I had this meeting with a big studio Hollywood casting director.


与来自好莱坞一家大型工作室的选角导演进行了会面。


Oh, I was so excited.


哦,我太激动了。


I walked in and he looked at me and he said, "Hm.


我走进去,他看着我说,“嗯。


Everybody knows you're a beautiful, talented Black girl.


大家都知道你是个美丽又有才华的黑人女孩。


But what do I do with a beautiful, talented Black girl?


但我该让这美丽又有才华的黑人女孩去做些什么呢?


Do I put you in a movie with Tom Cruise?


我该让你去和汤姆·克鲁斯一起拍个电影吗?


Does he kiss you?


他要吻你吗?


Ugh.


呕。


Who goes to see that movie?"


谁要看这电影啊?”


I could not believe that that man had just said that to me, to my face.


我不敢相信这个人就这么直接当着我的面说了这种话。


And he hurt me.


他伤害了我。


He hurt me so deeply, I was actually thinking about quitting.


他深深地伤害了我,我都想着要放弃了。


Until ... I started to think.


直到……我开始思考。


And I thought about what he said.


我想了想他说的话。


He said that everybody knew that I was a beautiful, talented Black girl.


他说,大家都知道我是个美丽又有才华的黑人女孩。


And that I deserve to be cast in movies with the likes of Tom Cruise, and he should kiss me.


我还配和汤姆·克鲁斯这样的人一起演电影,而且他还应该吻我。


So what was meant to break me did not break me, it built me up.


本该击垮我的话没有击垮我,而是让我成长了。


I believed that man, I believed what he said.


我相信了那个人,相信了他所说的。


And I walked out of there giving myself permission to take up space in Hollywood,


离开时,我相信自己有本事在好莱坞占得一席之地,


knowing that I belonged there no matter what anybody thought about me.


知道我属于那里,不管别人怎么看我。


Thirdly.


第三。


We've got to act like we believe in ourselves.


我们必须表现出我们相信自己的样子。


Oh, yeah.


哦,没错。


Because when we believe in ourselves and act on it, we create possibilities that never would have been possible had we not just believed.


因为如果我们相信自己,还表现了出来,我们就能创造出仅凭相信自己不可能实现的新可能。


OK, so I will tell you another story.


好,我想再讲一个故事。


I will never forget walking into one of those crowded Hollywood rooms, and I see Harry Thomason, producer Harry Thomason,


我永远不会忘记有一次我走进一个拥挤的好莱坞房间,看到了哈里·托马生(HarryThomason),制片人哈里·托马生,


who is married to Linda Bloodworth-Thomason, writer, creator of the series "Designing Women."


太太是琳达·布拉德沃斯-托马生(LindaBloodworth-Thomason),她是电视剧《设计女王》(DesigningWomen)的编剧和创作者。


I walk right up to Harry and I say, "How can it be, that after all of these years Anthony has not had a relationship with a Black woman?


我直接走向哈里,说道:“怎么可能这么多年来安东尼都没有和黑人女性谈过恋爱?


After all, the show takes place in Atlanta, Georgia."


这个电视剧可是发生在亚特兰大,佐治亚州啊。”


He looked at me, took a step back and said, "Who are you?"


他看着我,退后一步说:“你谁啊?”


I said, "I'm Sheryl Lee Ralph."


我说:“我是雪莉·李·拉尔夫。”


And he said, "OK.


他说:“好吧。


Have your people call my people and we will see what we can do."


让你的人给我的人打个电话,我们来看看能做些什么。”


And guess what happened?


猜猜发生了什么?


I got cast as Etienne Toussaint Bouvier, Las Vegas showgirl turned Anthony's wife for the final season of "Designing Women."


我出演了艾蒂安·图桑·布维耶(EtienneToussaintBouvier)一角,拉斯维加斯的歌舞女郎,在最后一季《设计女王》中成为了安东尼的妻子。


Oh, yeah.


就是这样没错。


Against all odds, once again, I gave myself permission to take up space, believing that I belonged.


我再一次披荆斩棘,为自己争取了一席之地,相信我就属于这里。


I believed that if Sheryl Lee did the work of honing her craft, building solid relationships and stayed ready so she didn't have to get ready,


我相信如果雪莉·李磨练技艺、建立坚实的人际关系,时刻准备着,这样都不需要特意准备,


anything was possible.


那么一切皆有可能。


Heck, winning an Emmy.


嘿,赢得一座艾美奖。


A Grammy.


一座格莱美奖。


An Oscar.


一座奥斯卡奖。


A Tony.


一座托尼奖。


EGOT it, baby.


不在话下。


So ... When you leave this room today,


所以……希望今天你在离开这间房间的时候,


I challenge all of you to start a meaningful practice of looking in the mirror and loving what you see.


我想邀请所有人试一试这个有意义的动作,看看镜子,爱你所见。


Believe in what you see.


相信你所看到的。


If you can't love it, then respect it.


如果你无法爱它,那就尊重它。


And if you can't respect it, then encourage it.


如果你无法尊重它,那就鼓励它。


If you can't encourage it, empower it.


如果你无法鼓励它,那就给予它力量。


And if you can't empower it, please be kind to it.


如果无法给予它力量,那就善待它吧。


The greatest relationship, the greatest one you will ever have is with yourself.


最伟大的关系,你所拥有的最伟大的关系就是和你自己。


Believe me.


相信我。


Have faith in yourself.


相信你自己。


Believing that faith can make broken wings fly.


相信你自己能让你的折翼高飞。


And we deserve to soar.


我们都值得展翅翱翔。


Remember, maybe one of these days when you pass the mirror and you catch a glimpse of yourself, remember, I told you this.


记住,也许有一天你经过一面镜子,瞥见自己,记住,我和你说过这些话。


That is what believing looks like.


这就是相信的样子。


And don't you ever, ever, ever give up on you.


请你永远、永远、永远不要放弃自己。


I am Sheryl Lee Ralph, and I love you just the way you are.


我是雪莉·李·拉尔夫,我喜欢你本来的样子。


(Singing) Believe in yourself


(唱歌)相信你自己,


As I believe in you


像我相信你那样。


Thank you.


谢谢。



(责任编辑:admin)
------分隔线----------------------------
栏目列表
推荐内容